quinta-feira, 16 de dezembro de 2010

do Site de Nigel Beale- MARAVILHA!....paródia ..de Courbet..."A ORIGEM DO MUNDO"

Passage

Jenny Saville. From the Saatchi Gallery:

"With the transvestite I was searching for a body that was between genders. I had explored that idea a little in Matrix. The idea of floating gender that is not fixed. The transvestite I worked with has a natural penis and false silicone breasts. Thirty or forty years ago this body couldn’t have existed and I was looking for a kind of contemporary architecture of the body. I wanted to paint a visual passage through gender – a sort of gender landscape. To scale from the penis, across a stomach to the breasts, and finally the head. I tried to make the lips and eyes be very seductive and use directional mark-making to move your eye around the flesh."